Friday, August 5, 2011

Bangs, fireworks and snow

All hell broke loose in Salares on Saturday and I thought the Americans had invaded. But no; it was just the annual fiesta. Our stable looks down on the village, Gretel and I enjoyed the fireworks and as they say in America they were ''awesome'' or is it horsome? Gretel said no need to be scared of the bombers or make rude comments about Americans.
I have been learning to canter which means moving in a three time rhythm without rushing, falling over or leaning on the circle like a motorbike. It's difficult and takes all my strength. Once I found my balance and did a few strides it was time to stop and to get a ''goooood geeerl'' and of course a minty white rock. It's all good fun.
I am reading a blog which tells me about a book called Moorland Mouse and the Moorland Mouse trust and it makes me think I am well off here because I just looked at picture of some poor Exmoor ponies standing about in something called snow. Gretel says it is so cold it freezes your hoofs off and sometimes it will snow here in the mountains where we live. There are some nice pony pictures as well. I liked Kate because, just like me, she is not keen on being left behind when everyone goes out. So take a look. www.moorlandmousietrust.org.uk.
Here is a picture of Gretel in the snow.
I am off to find some shade as it is very hot today. Neigh 4 now.

No comments:

Post a Comment