Friday, July 29, 2011

Minty white rock

I have had lots to do this week. Lots of practice doing my following, stopping, walking the plank, long reining up to the tank, AND Helen sat on me for the first time she is not to heavy and we just walked round for five minutes. I did not understand why she flaps her legs at my sides and had to keep stopping and looking round to see what it was all about. When I do something correctly Helen says “goooood geeerl” in a soft voice and at the end of the five minutes she put her legs on my side and I walked forward. I think there maybe a connection there as I got a very enthusiastic “goooood geeerl” . I have a sore leg so we are not doing more training 'til Monday, pity; I was enjoying using my clever brain to sort out what it is I am expected to do.
We don't see Peter much in the week days. Gretel says he is busy in the house being Professor Caractacus Potts which makes money to keep us in horse muesli and forrage and Helen in ice cream. Hope she does not eat to much or she will be too heavy to ride me. Gretel says if the muesli was for cows it would be called mooooosli. What got into her? - she never makes a joke; she is usually a grumpy old mare.
I have a very strong sense of smell and always know when Helen has a minty white rock in her pocket. I try and push her about to get it; the poor old dear is very patient and pushes me back 'til I stand still and quiet; this still does to get the rock; I always have to wait until the end of training. Gretel says the only way to be sure of getting the rock is to lift up your front leg and hold it in the air for a few seconds then do the other front leg. Works every time. Might have to practice that. Neigh 4 now.

No comments:

Post a Comment