Monday, July 25, 2011

One good eye

When it is very hot; like this week, I do a lot of thinking. I think it would be fun if the vet came and gave me an injection to make me very small. Then I could be picked up in the hands of any human and put down on the kitchen table. I would shut my one good eye the first couple of times because maybe I would be scared of the height. I would steal the apples out of the fruit bowl but as the apples are bigger then me, I would only take one bite at a time and no-one would notice. Cantering round the kitchen floor would be fun because it would make such a pretty sound. I would jump up on the sofa and take my nightly three hours sleep there. I could watch saddle club on horse and country TV and then watch channel four racing and eye up all those gorgeous stallions. And of course I would watch my favourite film ''true grit'' I like the part wear little blacky swims the river; I could do that if we had a river deep enough. The hero in true grit has only one eye just like me that’s why I really love this movie. Getting back to living in the human house, Helen would be able to wash my mane and tail in the kitchen sink. And very quickly dry me with the hair dryer. But I do think I would miss my equine friends and living that close to the humans may be difficult at night as I only need a little sleep time and humans need at least eight hours. What would I do for the other five? This is all speculation and no such injection has been invented.
I seam to have lots of new friends around the world. I got a very nice email from an old dog in Suffolk in England he cheered me up telling me I will one day find my sire and dam and not give up hope. And another from Denmark this one is from a human and she sounds very cheery and it is always good to meet a human who really does love us and have a true understanding of the way we think, so I am looking forward to meeting her in September. Neigh 4 now.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blossom I must say I take exception to being called an old dog as I am only two years old. In Human terms that is 14 years old and Mum says i have been acting like a stroppy teenager today. I must say I don't hold it against you that you called me old as I know I am not. I hope you find out your parentage soon.
    Henry Du Bouvier of Saxony Lodge
    Suffolk England

    ReplyDelete