Sunday, October 23, 2011

Rain and Cloud.

Rain and Cloud.
Helen is back from England and brought me some nice things, 'cos all girlies like nice things. A bridle with a diamanté brow band and a rain coat, not a pink one, but it's very pretty with blue binding and a flashy design on the main coat. Yesterday it was needed. It rained at last. Hooray!!!!! everything smells lovely and the trees all look washed, poor things. Gretel was in the stable when Helen put my new coat on, when she came out the saw me, she thought I was a new pony and chased me away; then ran around looking for the real me, I am the real me of course but even though I called to her, she still didn’t get it. I can't believe she is so dim. Peter and Helen had to sit down from laughing so hard. Helen says she wishes Gretel would do that trotting up and down on the spot when she is being ridden. Dear old Gretel, it still took a while for the centavo to drop that it was the real me and not a cardboard cut-out in a pretty coat.
Last week when Helen and I where doing training, the motor bikes came down the track and I was very scared. They go so fast and make so much noise and as there are so many, it takes ages for them to go past. On my way to hide behind Gretel, I nearly ran into Helen on my blind side. Helen came and stood at our side and patted us; I was shaking so much we had to leave training for the day. Gretel is not scared 'cos she told me later she use to live near a road called the A14 and there were cars, motor bikes and lorries on it 24 hours a day. See what I mean about her being dim 'cos that can't be true. I have never seen a road THAT busy.
We had sad news from our lovely friend Gail. One of her mulas had a very bad accident and has died. Its a bad story and has wobbled the wets of our eyes, all five of them. Rest in peace Molly. Neigh 4 now.

No comments:

Post a Comment